Wednesday, February 16, 2011

happenings

Over the past several days many happenings have been, well, happening.

At times as if in hyper-drive, the week's end quickly becomes the weekend and in a blink we are back to Monday, then Tuesday.  Some weeks passing in such a rush I barely remember.

But here I get to slow time.

Just.  A.  Bit.

If only for a short while.

A while just long enough to share some of those happenings.

Marveling.  At the confidence and poise of my nephew (on the left) as he acted in a delightful production of Guys and Dolls with his classmates.


Legoing.  Sometimes one, sometimes two, sometimes all three kiddos at once.




Building.  A snow friend, with snow finally just right for rolling.


Loving.  Each other simply because.


Appreciating.  "Hey Mom, look out the window at the sun," Big Brother called from the next room.


Cruising.  In our (new to us) mini-van.  Still marveling at how at just the right moment a need that seems so far from being met is easily and generously met.


Painting.  "I want to paint," Munchkin said after getting a glimpse of the master Bob Ross on PBS. 



Chunking.  Through two inches of ice as it slowly, s l o w l y melts under the warming sun.


Scoring.  The coolest cart at the grocery store.  Beeping and making engine sounds at the right times.


Partying.  With Chuck E. Cheese.  The first visit ever.  Instant love I think.


Savoring.  A Daddy-made homemade blackberry galette.  He really is so good!


Discovering.  Glitter.



Thanking.  For each and every happening, and the moments in between.

What happenings are you enjoying right now?

4 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet, sweet, Claudine! I love all your photos - especially the one of your son looking out the window at the sunset. What precious memories you are capturing here. Your blog is a treasure. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely trip to take with you. very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunset photo! There are some beautiful sunsets in the winter months, no? We also have a new-to-us minivan. My dearest friend moved to Australia with her family and she was selling her van at just the moment we needed one. I thought I was not a minivan mama, but oh, how I love it!

    How do you contain your Legos? One of my pet peeves is having to pick up a roomfull of Legos every evening...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you serious?! All in one week, or did I read that wrong. You deserve a medal!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!