Thursday, February 10, 2011

I see

"I see the moon 
and the moon sees me.  
God bless the moon 
and God bless me."

I love this little saying.  I often recite it aloud to the children if one of them notices the moon.  I also hear it in my own mind when I am alone and I notice the moon.

That connection to the moon makes the world seem a bit smaller to me.  And the heavens a bit brighter and wider and, well, blessed.

Even during busy weeks (and this one is oh so busy) I try to recognize those quiet moon moments.  Even if only for a breath long.  For in that breath, I can be thankful.  Thankful for those blessings.

And the blessings are many! Here are a few I'm honoring right now:
* a warm home, when many are out in this cold cold winter
* snuggles and snuggles and snuggles with one, two, and sometimes three kids
* some unexpected generosity we've been gifted
* sunshine and blue skies, made even more brilliant with the snowy ground
* coffee my husband makes in the morning
* watching the kids make Valentine's cards

If the kids were to weigh in, I imagine topping their list would be discovering Wild Kratts on PBS.  (Though honestly don't you think it should be "discovering Wild Kratts on PBS, and having a super cool Mama that lets you watch Wild Kratts.  Every. Day.?")  

What blessings are you honoring right now?

1 comment:

  1. My blessing this morning: 3 year old playing on the floor with a baby, making him giggle. Music to mama.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!