Thursday, July 21, 2011

becoming {mj}

I am so happy in this series to introduce you to several wonderful women who share their personal reflections on becoming.

MJ is a beautiful blogger who writes about her journey of discovery at Wander Wonder Discover.

As I sit here now and try to define the lines of who I am, all I can come up with is mother, wife, homemaker, soul seeker, reader, writer, blogger and maker of things that bring me happiness. Yet I know I am so much more. The depth of a human soul cannot be encompassed by these simple definitions. There are no dimensions to what I can read off of a page. And there is nothing in these words that give feeling or elude to the experiences, challenges and trials that brought me to this point in my life. Becoming is an emotional journey and a journey of the soul. I know that now. It is not the phases of childhood, teen hood or adulthood. It is not getting married or having children, getting a job or becoming promoted. These are only the human opportunities given to our soul to learn how to live--to cry, to fall, to love, to laugh, and fight back. Becoming is giving ourselves the freedom to shine and break free of all the things that once held us back.

I have never had the urge as I have now in these days to share the many dimensions of me. I want to turn my troubling experiences to pieces of triumph, to wear them as badges of courage and know that I have earned the right to every one of them. This is showing my feathers, my true colors, my confidence that I know who I am now more than ever. My past resides comfortably with my present, and together I embrace them, knowing that this union affects every day that is lucky enough to come next.

My world is now. It's always now, and giving my heart to each moment I live is the key to my happiness. Let your soul shine free, let nothing hold you back in giving your heart to your world. Show all of you without fear, and let yourself become who you've always known yourself to be. That is my wish for you, that is my wish for me :).

xx oo

12 comments:

  1. Lovely MJ! simply lovely..."Becoming is an emotional journey and a journey of the soul". What a simple and beautiful statement. Thank you for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful MJ! I have been reading my Buddhism for Mothers series and there is lots of talk of the self and of living in the present moment and the joy of life. Thanks so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your words are beautiful as always MJ. a wonderful expression on becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting MJ's wonderful thoughts today, Claudine! MJ, every once in a while you write something that I think - that's it, can't get any more wisely or beautifully written - but, of course, I'm always wrong and I'm glad of it! Thank you again for sharing your incredibly beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is always so full after I read your words, MJ. This is beautiful and speaks to me in so many ways. Thank you for being who you are, and for giving it to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you pulled away the labels we give ourselves from the soul and emotion we truly are. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet MAMA! You got it going on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so lovely, MJ. Your words are laden with beauty, wisdom, and light. Always. It feels like I'm looking at a tree filled with golden fruit; I can pick each one and hold in my hand, one by precious one, and each one, each word, fills me. Thank you.

    And thank you so much, Claudine for hosting this amazing woman here :)

    Now I get to explore some more, see other wonderful womens' thoughts on becoming. Be filled more. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...that gave me goosebumps. beautiful. what a wonderful series claudine. thank you to you, and all of your guests. their words were inspirational, comforting, challenging, thought-provoking, and most importantly honest.i have truly appreciated their and your stories of becoming...and you have all encouraged me to give more awareness to my own becoming. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MJ, you always have such a beautiful way of using words. So inspirational!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!