Wednesday, July 6, 2011

gardening

This summer I have a gardening apprentice.  Not that I am such a great gardener that I actually should be apprenticing anyone.  It is just that I have a wee bit more experience than Lovey does, so I guess that makes her the apprentice.

While I futz around pulling weeds, dead-heading plants, doing a bit of watering.  She is usually pretty close by.  Sometimes with a bucket, sometimes with a watering can.  Sometimes pulling on anything growing and green, definitely her version of weeding and dead-heading.

Then there are times when she simply takes the responsibility for a very special gardening task of her own creation:  the dirt relocation program.

See, she takes fistfuls of dirt from one of my potted plants.

And sprinkles the dirt on top of another plant, on the other side of the house.


Thus, dirt relocation.


Important work, that one does.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you have the patience for the mess and the dirty face and hands. I love even more what you are learning from her! She does do important work, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that face. She is so cute!!! A beautiful gardener in the making :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That face - it is just priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dirt relocation! yes! My youngest at one is really into it. She also relocates it into her mouth!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!