Sunday, March 27, 2011

corners of my home {color}

We've recently been doing some painting and furniture moving and cleaning out.  Whenever something is changed or rearranged it somehow feels new and gives us a new way of being in the space.  I love how just when the house is feeling too small or over-run with the stuff of a family of five, a simple move of furniture, or hanging kids art or putting a bookshelf in the hallway can make me fall in love with our house again.

After all, this should be a space that I love, even with all of its worn places and shoe piles and never-ending need for sweeping. 

One thing that I have always loved and have relished in our house is color.


We have lots of color about. 













And then there is this.  I discovered this little plastic toy monster on the base of our dining room table, which is a pretty fun color too.

I have no idea how he got there.  Maybe one of the kids.

He looks perfectly at home, don't you think?

I hope he likes color too.

3 comments:

  1. Fun post! Norwegians are all about color too, but they choose only one for a season and then everything in their homes becomes "all violet" or "completely black and silver". I think it's such a bore. Yea for color and for mixing and rearranging and reinventing and rediscovering. Love the gingham curtain, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots of color!!! Hope you had a great weekend :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy seeing the corners of another family's home. And thanks for admitting to the shoe piles!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!