Tuesday, March 1, 2011
progress
So transformations take time. Especially transformations of the home improvement variety.
And sometimes this Mama is impatient.
I am going to utilize my Bradley breathing (I'm so lucky that my knowledge of natural childbirth breathing techniques comes in handy in all kinds of situations) and embrace this disaster that will be our home for a bit while we build furniture and paint rooms and shift furniture from one room to another and sort stuff, hopefully discarding or re-purposing a good bit!
Oh, and try and keep up some sort of normal routine while all of this takes place.
But we've started. With a great deal of excitement and help from the boys.
A bed has been built.
A bunk bed to be exact.
So they must getting older.
The toddler bed has been taken down and stored away until needed again.
The big kid bed is now a big kid bed five feet in the air.
So now as I go to sleep it is with the deep-gut realization that the two boys sleeping in the bunk bed in the room next door are growing. Slowly becoming more and more who they are to be.
I guess you could say transforming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How strange to be knee deep in transformation of self, filled with excitement and anticipation; yet, lament the transformation in our children. To that transformation, I say, ditto!
ReplyDelete