I love that sign.
And I often think of that phrase as it pertains to my days. Though I sometimes will replace the word "good" with the words great or perfect or fabulous.
This weekend in my mind it read: "Today was a sweet day."
For so many reasons. Our out of town guests didn't make it due to the piles of snow that arrived before they could. So our visit was missed. But the gift we ended up with was a free weekend as a family.
And we spent part of it sugaring.
Outdoors was cool and breezy at times and sunny and warmish at others. For hours the fresh air filled our lungs, giving us more energy for the day spent walking and running and traipsing over mounds and mounds of snow.
We tasted sap and syrup. We marveled at hours-old lambs and piglets nursing side by side by side.
We got knee deep in snow to gather sap, we rode a horse-drawn wagon, we nibbled pancakes and maple candies.
All truly sweet.
But maybe most sweet of all, was the space my mind had to daydream of a wee bit more nature of our own.
It sometimes surprises me to think that way, I've never been confused for "nature girl" after all. But the older I get the more I realize that I never regret time spent outside. Never, no matter the weather. And it seems my children don't either.
So I am dreaming. After all, any great thing begins with dreams don't you think?
I'm not sure where the dreaming will lead, but I am enjoying it all the same.
Of what are you dreaming today?
The photo of the pigs nursing is precious. Maple sugaring is a wonderful gift of spring. I agree with you about being outdoors - can't wait to get outside again.
ReplyDeleteWhat am I dreaming of? I will need to reflect upon that today.
"But the older I get the more I realize that I never regret time spent outside." This is soooo true. I love how you have put this into words. Today I am dreaming of spring and summer... of sunshine and fresh breezes and our little vegetable garden... and spring break and summer break and freedom to run and play and make and do...
ReplyDelete