Thursday, March 3, 2011

Script

Scene: 

Living Room

Characters:

Mother --  seated on  sofa, reading a magazine

Son --  playing nearby with Legos, using teeth to separate stuck pieces

Dialogue:

A quiet "ting" noise occurs, as if a Lego has fallen to the hard wood floor.

Son:  sounding a bit scared "Mom, can a Lego knock out a tooth?"

Mother:  "Well I guess it can.  What happened?"

Son:  "I was taking apart Legos with my teeth and my tooth came out."

Mother:  "Oh, that is what I heard fall on the floor.  Was your tooth loose?"

Son:  "No."

Mother:  now peering in son's mouth, trying to sound reassuring without actually freaking out that a Lego could possibly knock out a solidly-in tooth "Well, it must have been a little loose for the tooth to actually come out."

Both now on hands and knees trying to find tooth on the floor.

Mother:  "Well you better find it, do you know why?"

Son:  seeming much more okay with a lost tooth "The Tooth Fairy?"

Mother: "Yep, you know what the Tooth Fairy does, don't you?"

Son:  "Yes, leaves you like one or two dollars for your tooth." 




Hmmm, well I guess The Tooth Fairy that visits this house does...

And about that magazine reading on the sofa thing, it was totally coincidental!  That never happens in real life.  Honestly, it was like for one, maybe two, minutes!  See, I was reading for two minutes, and then, the tooth!

3 comments:

  1. You are too cute! FYI - I read right through the "script" and knew it was you all along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... the things that can happen when we take even just a moment for ourselves. ;) What a funny way to lose a tooth... a great story for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So then what happened? Where's Act 2???

    That's great. I still remember when Morgan came home from school and said that the tooth fairy brought a friend of hers $5 for the first tooth. Must be inflation.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!