Planning. Check.
Traveling. Check.
Excitement. Double check.
Near spiritual experience. Sort of. The transformation is really yet to come.
And the mecca to which we went, the homeland of all home furnishings.
Honey and I and Baby Sister had a date day at IKEA.
For some time now, well over a year, I've been scheming some changes for our house. We live in a cozy home. A home that we didn't imagine having a baby in, let alone three growing children in.
Thankfully, our house has changed and grown as we have needed it to. And luckily I've been able to be a bit creative with space. So for many months I've been thinking up some needed changes to the kids' room and dining room and family room. As basically any small house-house project goes you can't do anything without it domino affecting many other areas.
So this grand scheme of mine, well it was set into motion this weekend by our terrifically fun trip to IKEA.
I can't remember ever having so much fun shopping for hours on end.
The time together was the real deal of the day and the free lunch, well that was simply the icing!
We found some perfect things we had been planning for, and a few unexpected surprises! Including a second trip because everything wouldn't fit in the mini-van in one trip. We don't live anywhere close to IKEA, thus the traveling part of the pilgrimage. Ahem.
You are welcome. Very very welcome.
I ♥ IKEA!! The nearest to us is a state away...sniff, sniff. And free food! The Swedish meatballs and lingonberry sauce makes my part Swedish stomach rumble.
ReplyDeletePlease do share your changes - those of us who are challenged in that area would appreciate the ideas ;)