Tuesday, March 13, 2012

could it be





Could it be I'm ready?  

This burst of energy I had today sure helped me complete the essential tasks of preparing to birth a baby:

~ cleaning the doors and many of the windows
~ vacuuming out the mini-van, and taking it through the car wash for good measure
~ scrubbing down the basement stairwell walls and steps
~ vacuuming out window wells
~ cleaning the bathroom
~ scrubbing the kitchen floor
~ keeping up with all of the laundry, and marveling at the four empty baskets near the washing machine
~ planting pansies for the front stoop, and I never plant flowers this early, never
~ sweeping the back patio
~ standing on the dining room table to clean the chandelier
~ organizing the outdoor toys in the garage
~ scrubbing down some of the lawn furniture
oh, yeah and
~ sharpening all of the pencils in the pencil drawer (seriously, don't laugh, they needed it)

I even got to paint my toenails and fingernails just before sitting down to write this post.  Unthinkable!

Now I do know that not a single one of these tasks is really essential to birthing a baby.  But I think in my oh-so-close-to-holding-a-new-baby self that having done all of these things brings a nice order.  A clearing out of any work I may be feeling drawn to, and freeing me to fully and wholly immerse into this soon to be babymoon.  Oh, the anticipation!

So until that  babymoon arrives, I am going to enjoy this clean, organized, sharpened-pencil house.

And sit a bit.  I did that today too.  For about two minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some serious nesting going on. Love the photo of the sharpened pencils - nothing like a bunch of sharpened pencils. But tell that little one to stay put until I finish writing my guest post ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!