Thursday, March 8, 2012

meaning




I am happy to say that as the days and weeks of being home full time grow in number I feel more at home.  I've learned to approach tasks differently, to let the children be when they need it (or I do), gaining confidence in small bits and pieces.

I am not doing anything big or grand, or even unique.  But with each small measure, small moment, small accomplishment, my confidence grows.

I've always been creative and resourceful, so I shouldn't be surprised when those talents kick in during our days.  But often still am.  Like the other day, when in a wee short amount of time I whipped up play dough for the kids.  I hadn't realized we were out when I suggested the always good distraction of play dough.  But oh yes, that volcano science experiment last week used up the last of it.

So in the bit of time I had, we made some.  And confidence grew as I realized that even on those days when I feel out of sorts, or out of ideas, or out of abilities.  I can do it. 

Nothing unique, nothing big, nothing grand. 

But something meaningful.

2 comments:

  1. This post warms my heart. I am so happy to see your confidence grow! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it incredible what we can do when we let go of our limitations and realize we CAN do it. I'm glad you are settling into your new role. It's a huge transition. Give yourself a pat on the back.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!