Tuesday, March 27, 2012

so then you wait









We are well into that magical time of waking each day and wondering "maybe today..." 

There are even moments when a lovely contraction comes and I have to determine if it is the start or if it is just practice.

Just practice so far.

So then you wait.

And I've tried to make this waiting a time of slow pleasure and gentle excitement.  Not just for this little lovely baby I will be birthing into our world, but for our family, and for myself.

Our waiting has been:

:: taking family scavenger hunt walks

:: cutting daffodils for a new vase

:: planning Daddy's birthday cake

:: eating a bit more ice cream than usual

:: keeping up with laundry, oh those glorious empty laundry baskets!

:: sitting in the sunshine

:: letting the kids discover Woody Woodpecker, for a bit much longer than would usually be allowed (but that is the trade off for sitting in the sun!)

:: participating in a kid-organized backyard miniature golf tournament, including cheering section, golf snacks, and winter coats taken back out of storage after putting them in storage last week

:: feeling constant gratitude for the many helping hands that have spent time at our home, giving the gift of their presence and assistance

:: spending extra time with Poppy as his being with us simply helps make the waiting more enjoyable, not to mention he brought me the doughnuts I've been craving and a steak, oh boy!

:: reading extra storybooks at bedtime 

:: making a very short to-do list by the day, always knowing "maybe today!"

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Wishing you well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you each day, wondering when this little one will arrive to your family. I LOVE the empty laundry baskets!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!