Luckily, I've become much better at fitting in bits of sewing. I've let go of the ideal of stretches of uninterrupted time to sew to my heart's content. Instead I've embraced some cutting here, some stitching there, and eventually a project gets finished just the same.
This weekend I grabbed onto those little bits of time and finished this dress for Lovey. Luckily there is still plenty of summer left to wear it, and I made it a bit long so that it might fit her next summer too.
Oh, I love this! Your last photo made my day ~ which had already perked up considerably with the photos of the beautiful little girl in her awesome-mama-made dress! You are inspiring me to get back at it with sewing and unfinished projects ;~) 'tis a few!
ReplyDeleteAwww...I have that sewing book! I actually fabric and buttons ready to make that dress. Funny!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty dress - my Livvy would have loved it at that age! I hear you about just fitting sewing in whenever you can - not that I sew...but there are other things, like blogging, that I have to fit into bits of time here and there. Long stretches of uninterrupted time just don't happen around here!
ReplyDelete