So it seems that all it takes is a bit of lemonade and my guys are right there with me garage-saling.
Lemonade, and a dollar each to spend on anything they want. Unfortunately I didn't think to give a "no beanie babies" disclaimer as I handed out the dollars. Hrmph.
Together we traipsed street after street of a neighborhood sale and found treasures galore. They learned some important lessons about smart browsing, about only buying what you really want or need, about negotiation and about what makes a reasonable offer for sand toys that you. must. have.
We burned through the handful of dollars in my pocket, with not a house to spare, because the find of the day came as we headed back to the car.
This sweet kitchen canister. I've been wanting containers for the counter to keep the flour and sugar and other baking ingredients closer at hand.
And the bonus. Since there was only one, it keeps the hunt going for something to hold the sugar! Good thing I have my boys to help me look.
I'm linking up with baby by the sea for Thrifty Thursday.
What fun! I hate garage sales. Hate. Them. I think it's mostly because The Teenager still begs and grumbles every time we go to one and she can't have the little piece of "junk" that she's attached herself to. Oh, well... The container is GREAT!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Lemonade is a great motivator and I love the container.
ReplyDelete