Monday, July 2, 2012

stake out







It is not every day that your kids plan a stake out.

Yes, a real, live, pitch-a-tent, pack-provisions, bring-an-adverturing-bag-full-of-necessary-supplies, set-your-alarm-early stakeout.

For what?

To be first to sign up for the summer reading program at the library.  Cool prizes after all are quite a motivator.

Yep, this Mama willingly got up at 6:00 am, coffee in hand, and watched the sun rise over our local library, all while the kids cased the place with binoculars, made maps, kept in constant contact with walkie-talkies, and ate the packed snacks.

Of course I did.  After all, it is not every day that your kids plan a stake out.

5 comments:

  1. This librarian absolutely LOVES this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. my.gosh...I love this. Nothing, but nothing, says fun summer reading than a kick-off stake-out! I wish we lived near you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You AND your children are amazing! I love their creativity and your support of that. I am simply amazed that you were up and out the door that early! Yeah you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!