Saturday, July 14, 2012

dreaming of chickens





As if I wasn't already wanting backyard chickens enough, a Cousins Camp trip to a small family homestead has made me absolutely smitten.

Without hesitation the kids gathered the warm eggs from right under the birds.  They also chased the sheep and cajoled the goats, fed the pigs, petted the bunnies and peered at the bee hives.

Of course they also did all of the usual cousining of much laughter, much fun, much love.  The very best of summer is spend with cousins, I say.










3 comments:

  1. What fun! I am not a homesteader. Knowing it about myself makes things a lot easier... honestly. But it looks like you enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I am not a homesteader. Knowing it about myself makes things a lot easier... honestly. But it looks like you enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Claudine you NEED chickens. I love my girls. There is no better medicine than to walk out and visit with the girls...and grab a couple eggs as a bonus.
    Now I just need a couple pigs, a milk cow, and nanny goats!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!