There is nothing quite like a day where you get one of your cousins all to yourself!
After all, my kids have eleven cousins total. Most family gatherings have a cumulative energy of many many cousins which can barely be contained in whichever household we are gathered.
Now understand, I feel so lucky my kids have so many cousins, and I would not trade those crazy times together for the world.
It is, however, a very special treat to get one cousin "all to yourself" for a day.
You can play at a pace where every moment is fully enjoyed and go from one activity to another without the worry of another cousin (or Auntie or Uncle for that matter) distracting you from the important task of being together, really together.
So I, and Munchkin, cherish the recent day Cousin came to visit.
Pretend. Cars. Puzzles. Snow. Hot Chocolate. Art. More pretend. Wonderful.
This is right before Munchkin said "You are my best buddy."
And I, not distracted by those same Aunties and Uncles, got to hear it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!