Thursday, January 20, 2011

missing

I've been missing writing, and certainly missing you, dear readers. 

However, my week has been filled with the snuggling of sick kids.  Oh, and the important healing of a sick Mama.

What? 

A sick Mama. 

I thought I had mastered willing that not to be. 

Seriously, I think for the most part I have mastered it, but did give in to a slight sickness this week.  And luckily knew enough to just keep sleeping, drink lots of tea, and most importantly, spend an entire day snuggled on the couch with a little boy who was also sick.

We filled our day with watching videos.  We never do that!  So being sick felt a bit like a special day spent with Winnie the Pooh, and The Little People, and Pete's Dragon.

Mercifully I am feeling better now.

And have caught up a bit on laundry and some house cleaning.

Oh, and some cookie baking.

No better medicine I know of than cookies.

Giant.  Chocolate.  Sugar.  Cookies.




Baby sister wasn't sick.  But sneaking bites sure had her feeling good!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can smell them! I bet they are terrific feel-better food!
    Glad you and your little chicks are feeling better...
    xxxCate

    Oh and Pete's Dragon...*love* that movie (Helen Reddy is the best!) - must get a copy to share with my kiddos.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look soooo good! Nothing like a little homemade goodness to help nurse you back to health. Sometimes we just need to take care of ourselves. I gave in to this past cold and made myself rest - it might have been a coincidence, but I recovered much quicker than when I have pushed myself through an illness. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!