Friday, January 28, 2011

what I am discovering: my word {2011}

As promised I've crafted something with my word on it.

It isn't fancy, it truly was a "pull things from the Mommy sewing bin and whip up a plaque in 20 minutes" kind of project.

But it is good for now.  It is hanging in the window near my computer.  So not only do I see the word daily, but just beyond my word it a wider world outside.

I plan to write here throughout the year specifically about what I am discovering.

So bear with me.  It could get messy.

And it certainly won't always, or nearly ever, be organized or polished or well-written.

But it will be me.  And that is what discovery is all about now isn't it?

I hope that my writing about my discoveries will give me good perspective on my growth and meaning-making of this year.

So, I will post my discoveries.  Large.  Small.  Incredibly tiny.  And possibly some {re}discoveries as they come back into my life and understanding.

I am thankful to the kind people who read -- some who know me personally, and others who only know me as "becoming claudine."  I am thankful to you as a community who can respond and  give me insight about my journey in discovering.

what I am discovering:
  • that a bit of exercise in the morning helps, even if it is 8 minutes with Billy Blanks of Tae-Bo fame
  • that having a sister who will let you borrow her coveted cowgirl boots is a treasure
  • that watching "The Price is Right" not only  makes you feel like you are back in college (when I actually had time to watch TV) but it gives you a good feeling that you too could win the Showcase Showdown
  • that having faith that it will all work out for the best is hard, really hard, incredibly hard
  • that the Spirit often moves people into your path to help you have that needed faith
  • that a positive attitude can fix a great deal of things as the wheels are seemingly coming off 
  • that I love life

1 comment:

  1. You're so right about the exercise...I have a set of video tapes (now called 'box movies' by the younger set - so funny) that are 8 minutes each - one for abs, legs, arms, and buns...and an 8 minute stretch as well...as 8 minutes seems to be about as long as I can spend exercising...

    Best wishes with the discovering!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!