Some days I sneak it by 8:30 am.
Some days it is more like 4:00 pm or 4:42 pm, right before Daddy arrives home to be the relief pitcher.
I very willingly admit that I keep little stashes in my purse and hidden in a cubby in the kitchen.
Though I may need to re-think this sneakiness.
As the kids are growing, my sneakiness needs to be a bit more, well, sneaky.
Why?
Baby Sister loves to dig around in my purse and find treasures.
And Buddy and Munchkin can smell the chocolate on my breath.
"Mom, what do I smell in your mouth?" (or "mouse" as Munchkin pronounces it, so cute.)
I've found having a cup of coffee at hand helps to mask the aroma.
But yesterday I learned that I am not the only one working on being sneaky.
This is what I found in Baby Sister's hand as she happily sat next to my open purse...
She, in fact, had a hunk of chocolate in each hand. (Yep, a bit proud of her moxie.)
Notice the little tiny baby teeth marks. Melt my heart.
And a short while later I discovered this...
"What's on your mouth?" I inquired.
"Nothing," he replied.
Hmmm, I maybe should have offered him a cup of coffee to go with it.
My children think I chew my tongue because that's what I tell them if I get caught sneaking chocolate. I sometimes tell them that I'm eating broccoli and would they like some.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with finding new ways to get your fix.
Ha! I have totally lied to my kids - with my hand in the potato chip bag, "What's that mama?" "Pretzels."
ReplyDeleteVery, very funny! I, too, have been known to sneak - cookies, chocolate - sweets are my vice! Or my salvation?
ReplyDelete