Today, really this week, has been spent seeing family life as it is when kids are sick.
All. Three. Kids.
The trifecta, really.
So what I've been seeing, and doing, around the house is a bit different than usual.
Folded laundry, trying to keep us with the disinfecting.
Watching videos, remote in hand.
Oh meds, meds, meds. (We've always tried to use them sparingly, but this time with fevers oh so high, we think it important.)
Playing in this cool house, in this cold season, in only a onesie.
The computer on Pandora, instead of the preferred Blogger. Ahem. I know it has only been a few days, but it feels like forever since I've posted.
Endless hand-washing.
Delicious home-made chicken soup thawing.
Oh, wait, what is this?
A few moments.
A nursing, sleeping baby on my lap. Hmm, maybe I can post after all.
That is until I hear back from the doctor's office.
Hope everyone is well where you are!
Oh, the poor little dear! I can see the red cheeks and runny nose in the onesie photo. 'Tis the season for sickness - I'm a firm believer that a little Tylenol never hurts, if it allows them to rest. Hope everyone feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteWe have been feverish around here too. Lots of reading and rush hour playing. So sad when the little guys are sick....and give it to their mom.
ReplyDeleteOh poor you and poor beans! Being ill is so horrid. I've actually found that the Eclectic Kids (Herbs for Kids in the US) tincture Catnip and Chamomile has helped us with fevers and chamomile tea is great for congestion. We've been knocking back the vitamin D like it is going out of fashion trying to kill of these colds and sore throats. Though for my toddler nursing really is the only medicine!
ReplyDeleteSending healing thoughts to you : )
Awww, looks at those sweet feverish little cheeks! Your photos capture so well the responsibilities of a loving mama when her little ones are sick. Take care of yourself as you take care of your family!
ReplyDelete